Strange misfires on the RH Cyl 1,3,5,7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rne1876

Reaction score
sorry about all the typos! tired of having to deal with this car so much on top of 10 other things I got going on lately ;) does a good scan tool pin point what the cause for the misfires are? the Ipad looking ones! Thanks guys
ps, this stupid Nissens radiator sucks buffalo's @$$ does not line up with the condenser and seems a bit short to get the top pins in properly!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us use the GAP IID Tool. Bluetooth version. Connects to your phone or tablet. It is JLR specific, so not of use on any other brands.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"does a good scan tool pin point what the cause for the misfires are?"

I think it's like any other OBD tool in that it will give you the error codes; the skill is not getting the codes but deciphering what they're telling you. In that respect, the folks on this forum have been excellent in helping (IMHO!).

rne1876

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for your input. So I followed some of the suggestions and did a reset and started the car, this time it gave me the Cyl 3, and Cyl 5 as well as multiple/random misfires. the car hesitates even when idle, but not as much though it misses a bunch while driving it. The weird thing as I mentioned is that prior to my work on the LH Valve cover and Injectors the RH Cyl did not misfire! I am going to change the coils and the spark plugs I suppose on Cyl 3, 5 and see what happens. this car is a beast but my god it needs way too much attention! Thanks again guys.

Attachments

• lr4.jpg
    lr4.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 27
  • lr41.jpg
    lr41.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 26
  • lr42.jpg
    lr42.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Latest posts