Any interest in getting a Group Buy going w/ Off Roving Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What! Sorry to hear that Adam. The sliders were the best thing I purchased for my LR3.

MarsRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This does not sound good . . . are they still in business?

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This does not sound good . . . are they still in business?

Yes they are. I got the inside scoop. It involved family, jobs and family in the hospital. I cancelled the group buy and simply bought a set from Lucky8.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, once I get the cash, I'm gonna do the same. Just ordered a GNVP sump guard and compressor plate, so that'll be awhile, set me back almost $500, glad i did it though

fivespddisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are. I got the inside scoop. It involved family, jobs and family in the hospital. I cancelled the group buy and simply bought a set from Lucky8.

I would like to elaborate on this a bit.

Rover Specialties LLP was founded in 2002 and is maintained by two avid Land Rover enthusiasts. They pride themselves on developing products that extend your Land Rover's off-road ability while maintaining its sophisticated on-road persona. They started off by pushing the boundaries of the P38, not only with bumpers and sliders, but with remapping the air suspension. Trying to stay ahead of the curve, they got their hands on an LR3 and you guys know the rest. I think most people would agree they are some of the best sliders on the market.

The reality to most niche companies like Rover Specialties is these guys have day jobs, along with a company that supports our mutual Rover passion. Most of the time they can keep up with the demand but this last batch of orders fell behind for two important reasons:
1) Owner #1's job has expanded and so have the hours and the amount of traveling;
2) Owner #2's father was in the hospital and it was very serious.
I am sure we can all agree that feeding and taking care of our families is far more important than playing with our trucks. With all this being said I would like to extend a sincere apology from Lucky 8 and Rover Specialties to everyone that was waiting to get the sliders.

All of this aside, there is some good news on the horizon for those who have been anxiously awaiting new gear... we have 5 kits in stock and they should be ready to ship before the weekend!! If you have any concerns, feel free to give us a call at 716-898-8153 or shoot us an email at [email protected].

Thanks for your patience and see you on the trail!
Justin

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72