Any Way to Get FRESH Air from the Vents?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I poured over the manual-maybe I'm missing something-Is there a way to get plain old fresh outside air throught the interior vents or do I have to rely on the climate control 100%.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fresh air comes in that goes thru the pollen filter.

unless you press recirculation button.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you do not want your air refridgerated, you can press "Econ". I suppose in theory, if you wanted your air the least molested, you could turn to max cool, and econ, that way the air is diverted from the heater core, and not refridgerated, and pretty close to outside temperature.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the "least molested" air, couldn't you open a window or the sun roof?

David

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha on the window line-I figured that was going to come up-I guess there is no simple vent control that simply lets fresh air into the cabin without involving some part of the climate control-

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the question/compalint, but as others commented, just hit the ECON button. ? That is pretty darn simple and then you can just adjust the level of the air with the fan speed control.

I use it all the time when I want fresh air but am talking on the cell phone and don't want window noise. Works well for me. Pretty similar to any other car, actually. (all seem to have you make sure both A/C and heat are off)

You can also just crack the sunroof and windows or turn on vents. That seems to pull air through the car better, but doesn't create much noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM