Anybody replace stock LR4 tires? Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I'd like to get a new site of tires. I understand 18"'s don't work on the LR4 due to the bigger brake pads. So I'd stick to 19" which I know limits choice.

I'd like more of an offroad tire (sand, mud mostly - I know very different), but I also don't want to comprimise too much the smooth on road driveability. So mostly just looking for a step up above stock tires, nothing too off road extreme.

I've researched the forums here and elsewhere and haven't found much help. Anybody riding with new tires or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick reply from my phone:

For a more aggressive tire, your only real choice for a 19" wheel is going to be the Goodyear MTR. I have had the tire on a prevoius truck and can say it is very liveable, but you will notice more feed back in terms of noise and ride. Nothing I couldn't tolerate though.

Rob

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Pierrelli Scorpion ATR comes in a 19" size, and the new General Grabber AT (not AT2) comes in a 255/55/19, but that might be Europe only.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Pirelli ATR (255/55/19) sounds like an ideal tire for your needs, lots of feedback from LR3 and RRS owners says they are good and quiet on the road and competent enough in most off-road situations, as long as not too extreme (depending on how thick and sticky it is, mud could be considered "extreme" terrain...) The Goddyear MTR would be a far better choice for more demanding off road use, but on the flip side they'd be more of a compromise for pavement driving - speed rating, noise and high speed handling would be so-so compared to the stockers or the more street-friendly Pirellis.

By looks alone the new 19" General Grabber ATs would appear to have been designed for the same target audience as the Pirelli ATRs (competent all-weathers and mild off-roaders), but I think the poster above is right in assuming they may only be available through Conti/General in Europe. I don't see them listed on the General North America's web site.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4