Anyone know how to Flat Tow the LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they would take out the neutral transfer case design away. The older LR's had them as did a lot of older 4x4's.

jcegold, get an old jeep to tow. Lr3's really would rather lead the pack than be towed anyway ;)

C

CoreyS

Don't forget the air suspension. I'm guessing that could be a problem if it isn't on and self-adjusting while being towed. Wouldn't be good to tow the LR3 on its bump stops.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
You can't two wheel tow. You need a flat bed tow truck... Land Rover Roadside Assistance or any decent tow service will know this.

Welcome to modern AWD/4WD designs. There is no way to "disengage" everything related to the drive train. If you do, you will cause serious damage.

no sh*t? guess i'm the last to know this...i'm sure i read it in the manual and promptly forgot it. i figured at *least* the two wheel tow would work as that seems to be what usually tows cars when they are illegally parked. maybe i haven't been paying attention and most tow trucks are flat beds these days, but ugh...quite and inflexible design.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99