Anyone tried Open Country H/T tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's one of the few tires that will fit the 19" wheels and one of the Goodyear's has pick up a nail. I'm almost positive that the tire shop will be able to patch it up but if they can't, I need to have options.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the GY's pick up an inordinate number of nails? I've had a few. I wonder if it is a function of tread design or softness of the tire surface.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the GY's pick up an inordinate number of nails? I've had a few. I wonder if it is a function of tread design or softness of the tire surface.

I have no idea. I've only got just over 1k miles on the truck and this seems pretty early to get a nail, however, it really all depends on how many nails one drives over, doesn't it. :biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's just bad luck. I JUST got the windshield on my wife's Camry replaced about 10 days ago, and today I got chipped on I-5...$hit happens !

...however, the swept-back loft of the passenger car did allow for the rock to "glance off" as opposed to the LR3's (and typical SUV) windshield, which would've taken the brunt of the blow and probably sustained a greater amount of damage; but there is some real Physics there. I'm not sure I can rationalize the same thing with tires.

Bad luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink