Anyone try the ceramic brembo pads that rockauto offers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering the brembo pads for the front and rear of my 2011. It says they’re premium ceramic and the front and rear are both under $40 a pair. Sounds a bit sketchy. Can anyone chime in?

ZR1Gerhardt

Reaction score
I have not used these, but ceramic pads in general to be squeaky at low speeds, tend to last longer, and tend to not put out as much dust. Just general observations, which can vary from brand to brand.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you comment on dust/noise/feel?
I have been using Maxbrakes on all my cars for the last 2-3 years with zero issues. Very minimal brake dust, no pulsation and they catch impressively. Even my wife noticed the brakes are sharper. You have to order them which takes about 2-3 weeks. Buy the Elite Rotors (Black) and premium ceramic pads(grey&blue). Proper installation is key, Hub surface has to be clean from dirt and rust and greased before mounting the rotors and slider pins should be well lubricated and make sure lug nuts are tightened to 110 ft pounds and finally do the brake break in procedure. I currently have them installed on 3 cars and i have installed them for friends with zero issues. I dont work for max brakes and i'm not getting any commission, We are on this forum to help each other, i've heard of folks paying up to $1000 for brakes for their LR while i just spend less than $200 buying max brakes.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still highly suspect of rotors/pads that are this inexpensive. There are a lot of mixed reviews out there on maxbrakes and I would be concerned about the longevity/durability of these at the price.
thank you

Folks that had issues probably bought the cheaper ones from max brakes, the have 4 different types of rotors, the basic, basic cross drilled/Slotted, cross drilled/slotted with Zinc coating and the Elite cross drilled slotted (Black) and for the brake pads they have Metallic pads, Ceramic pads and Premium ceramic pads. I always buy the Elite rotors and the Premium ceramic pads.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99