Apparently my LR4 is really upset about it's upcoming roommate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every car I've owned (or my immediate family) at that mileage level has had the alternator go between 120-150k miles.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I had this issue a while back and it turns out to be a charging fault that causes this. This could be a few things, first it's your battery that's running low that made your truck turn off and die. The alternator is susceptible to be the underlying issue, which mine was. The BMS (negative/ground/earth) battery cable could be bad or have a bad (corroded) connection. Look behind the passenger fender well, where the ground cable could be corroded.

Good luck chasing it down.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue a while back and it turns out to be a charging fault that causes this. This could be a few things, first it's your battery that's running low that made your truck turn off and die. The alternator is susceptible to be the underlying issue, which mine was. The BMS (negative/ground/earth) battery cable could be bad or have a bad (corroded) connection. Look behind the passenger fender well, where the ground cable could be corroded.

Good luck chasing it down.
good to know. While my car is apart (waiting for the alternator to arrive), I will check the ground wiring. cant hut.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, The Alt in my 2005 L322 went at around 190K. The replacement (Bosch) just went bad at 220k, lasting only 30k miles and 3 years. Where as the original lasted 13 years and 190K. It’s a gamble replacing as PM, but I’d prob consider it at 150k though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack