Approaching end of lease...decision time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting because mine does the same thing but usually only when cold. I don't mind it because I'm on a private drive that slopes down as it comes to the main road. I always feel like the engine compression helps me save my brakes when I leave the house every morning. It only lasts a few seconds though.
My LR3 and my LR4 both hold onto 1st gear driving off slowly.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get a CPO warranty for around $2K I'd grab it. You will easily spend that on repairs up until 100K miles. My CPO warranty covered a water pump, some suspension parts, rear hatch release, seized rear brake caliper and compressor.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great, well optioned truck! The drive line lash could be engine, trans, or diff bushings softening up. That's probably more likely than an internal transmission issue.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KEEP IT! I did with mine and happy I did as its value for the money is way better than new Discos and competitors. I keep enjoying ownership so far.

Kurt van

Reaction score
Well you've had the best of it..get out while you can.this will cost you thousands of dollars if not more over the next 5 years.run for it brother..

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hard over for diesel and my D5 has the same big diesel engine as the top end Range Rover. Apart from low end grunt, it delivers respectable fuel economy and is impervious to the heat where I live (it's not a proper summer in Vegas unless it hits 115 in July). I just installed 285/50-20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s mounted on Redbourne 20" x 9.5" wheels and the dealer raved about them when I took it in for a 4-wheel alignment. If you have no interest in diesel then consider keeping your LR4 and getting an extended warranty. If you'd like to have a Land Rover with the engine that should have been available in the LR4 then consider leasing a D5.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have no interest in diesel then consider keeping your LR4 and getting an extended warranty.

I LOVE diesels and agree the LR4 should have had one in the US...problem is that if I wanted to go this route, I would have needed to order a Disco many months ago. My dealer only orders them with stupid options such as "intelligent" folding seats and other stuff to appeal to the "I'm almost driving a Range Rover" crowd, which is the typical NJ buyer for these vehicles.

Quick update: in the end, my dealer offered me a 2 and 3 year option for CPO. I chose the 3 and figured I would be in for the long haul (which I'm happy about). I thought $3k was reasonable.

I'm less worried about the issues I initially reported now that I have some insurance. Also, was so happy to get back into my LR after a few days in a Disco Sport loaner...it would be really hard if I ever have to go away from air suspension.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72