Aqua Sports Carrier replacement parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkronik57

Reaction score
So I ordered an official Land Rover Aqua Sports carrier from online, but the box ripped open and I'm missing one of the straps. My question is, should I just return the whole thing or can you buy the individual parts separately? Would any old ratchet strap work?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling them to see what their policy is on ripped open boxes and missing parts??

djkronik57

Reaction score
Yeah, but that wouldn't help me much if the part can't be bought separately (it was purchased from another individual). I called Thule and they said the part number doesn't work in their system (even though it has a Thule reference number) and the local dealership said they can't sell any of the parts individually.

So looks like I might be plain out of luck. I can't believe there is no source for replacement parts for any of the roof racks.

djkronik57

Reaction score
Spoke a moment too soon. Went on the Thule website and found what looks to be the straps exactly.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produ...ries/thule-locking-straps-10-ft-832-_-1678740

What a pain in the butt that LR and Thule both gave me the cold shoulder. Even more of a pain that I have to pay $80 for two new straps...

Is there any reason why I can't use another type of ratcheting strap of the same length? It won't have the locks, but might be cheaper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM