ARB Fridge - yey!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, so this morning swearing UPS wify dropped nice 42qt fridge at my doorstep.
I am utterly happy :)

Now i need to figure out how to plug it in truck, seeing that my Disco dont have rear outlet.

So I am looking for ideas on how to get power to the rear.. I know that tapping into line isnt much of option for it, but i am kind of out of ideas on how to lay out power lines and which gauge to use (seeing that its far from powersource and all that).

Any ideas are much appreciated.
Cheers
Sergei

PS: those who looking for Engel or ARB - according to australian overviews they are same performance wise. So its all about label. However sams off-road folkz selling ARBs for 687 with FREE shipping and they also selling them on e-bay (where i got mine) for 647 with same FREE shipping. This is very good deal imho, as i havent seen Engel45 (analogue of 42qt arb) for less than 659 + shipping. Just though someone might use heads up :)

Last edited:

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could get a "3 in 1 Cigarette Lighter Adapter" (I bought my on eBay for approx $7.00) and a "really long" adapter extension cord (can also be found on eBay, but I can't remember the exact title to search for). Another item that I have that is very useful is a power inverter. I have the 300W Tripp Lite (still uses a cigarette adapter).

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1000W power inverter under the drivers seat. This then goes into a powerstrip that lies tucked away under the rear carpet. I plug ANYTHING I want into it. WAY ****! I use it for computers, vacuums, phones, etc.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam,
What do you have your inverter hooked up to - the battery directly?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is wired through the firewall to the battery. Works great! It only took me a half hour to set it up.

C

campbell

1000W!!!! Damn, does it burn your ass when you leave it on for a while?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great location for it though (kind of like having the Cold Weather Climate package - heated seats). I have my FM modulator under that seat for my DVD player, so no room there for that one, but I like the idea.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is never on unless I plug something in. Then it automatically shuts off if the battery juice is low or if it is overheating. It was only $69 at Costco.

D

discomike

Sergie,
You could get a factory outlet plug assembly from a D2, from the dealer and hook it up throug the rear wheel well inner trim the. That is where I have mine plugged in and I also bought the mounting plate that is made for it along with the insulated cover, keeps it cooler longer and doesn't slide around.
Good luck with it, you'll love it.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks folkz.

I got weatherproof socket today and will try to plug it in later, running line from battery, and see how things working out. While at it i am looking forward to rip out weird little cable leftovers from PO - nothing like seeing some cut-off cables laying under carpet :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM