ASFIR skid plate experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought these skid plates, and they do seem very well-made. But they don't come with instructions, for one thing. The first plate I tried installing is the one covering the suspension air tank. There are a pair of recessed holes in either end, but they don't seem to line up with anything on the vehicle. And there weren't any brackets that seem to indicate how it's supposed to mount, either.

I guess I'm wondering if there is someone here who I can chat with about how these plates are supposed to be mounted who has done it before? Or at least seen it done?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience but looking at their website:
Mounts directly to the chassis. Supported by zinc-coated steel brackets
and:
  • Mounted to original OEM bolt-points. No drilling, cutting, or welding required.
  • Includes all mounting hardware.
  • Supplied with a detailed bill of materials drawing and a sketch to help as a mounting guide.
539080-1.webp

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll look through the mess and see if those mounting brackets are somewhere.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they make skidplates for ROW trucks... you sure its for a LHD truck?

rolledover

Reaction score
I have all of Asfir’s skids and the air tank one is the most straight-forward from what I remember. You should have two brackets that bolt to the main skid part with supplied flush Allen bolts, then two of the existing air tank bolts are used to secure the skid. My LR4 is at the shop right now but I can look for you on Wednesday or Thursday if you’re still having difficulty. The “instructions” are just CAD drawings and basically useless.

rolledover

Reaction score
Not very good photos as it was snowing out so couldn’t crawl under, but the first one is the front and second is the back. The rear bracket is hard to see as the skid covers it. You bolt the brackets to the vehicle first, then attach the plate. The front bracket is offset to the inside of the vehicle. You’ve probably figured it out by now, but if you’re still having issues or need any help with the other skids let me know and I can get some better pics once vehicle is in the garage.

Attachments

• 765B619D-15BA-4BE8-924D-485DBAEB04D8.jpeg
    765B619D-15BA-4BE8-924D-485DBAEB04D8.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 9044BEDA-FA03-431B-9C24-2433FF4BBC95.jpeg
    9044BEDA-FA03-431B-9C24-2433FF4BBC95.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 57

marmalade

Reaction score
Seriously considering to get the ASFIR whole underbody kit for my newly purchased LR4. How has your install been holding up? Does the kit cover the fuel tank? Can't seem to find a good picture to show overall underbody coverage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA