At Long Last... Modern head unit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! How's visibility when using it for navigating? Does the screen tilt out?

And curious about the 4x4 info, etc... as well.
My screen on the Pioneer unit is fixed. Visibility is not an issue.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really nice!! Plus it’ll help with the glare issue!

Couple questions; do you have the updated or post 2010 version electronics or the later 2012 version? Then, my next question is are you able to access any of the original system functionality? Say for the off-road information and stuff like that?

I’ve been trying to find a good way to do this for a while, but I’ve got a 2010, and the system is too old/unique, it’s proven to be quite a challenge. If I had a later model 2012, I could have swapped it a while ago!

Great find! Thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I learned the hard way that there is a big difference between 2009-2011 models and 2012+. Make double sure who get the right kit for your model year.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Gotta think real hard if it’s worth losing the 4x4 page for this over the naviplus style one I bought, which was about the half the price of your setup

Last edited:

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D51FC105-EB83-499A-97CC-E24AA2B80BD8.jpeg ABCACDDA-06C6-4BC2-A238-5C6E9C1AF1A1.jpeg I installed this one. You keep all the oe functionality and get android auto as well as car play. Plus it’s essentially an android tablet so you can install whatever you want.

only downside for me is the PlayStation graphic vibe, but I got over that quickly. It occasionally glitches, but no more than the wife’s new rr sport.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stuart Barnes, what year model is your LR4? I was thinking of using one of those units, but could never tell if they'll work with the 2010 systems/componenets. Typically when I reached out to the sellers, their responses were along the lines of, "sure, it works with everything" But there wasn't a separate 2010-2011 and 2012 and up version, which led me to believe they weren't compatible across the board.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stuart Barnes, what year model is your LR4? I was thinking of using one of those units, but could never tell if they'll work with the 2010 systems/componenets. Typically when I reached out to the sellers, their responses were along the lines of, "sure, it works with everything" But there wasn't a separate 2010-2011 and 2012 and up version, which led me to believe they weren't compatible across the board.

im in a 2015. But they indicated they could get them to work on the older units. That was actually a good part of the purchasing process. They really drilled down on if it was a capacitive screen or resistive as they are different units and the electrical connections slightly different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA