Aux. Audio Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Dhudanish

I have been having fun / success using the auxiliary input with my iPod. I find that even if my iPod is on max. volume, I need to set the LR3s radio volume pretty high. This was fine until the voice Nav kicked in at such a loud level that it nearly blew my ear drums out.

Does anyone know of a way to independently/permenantly adjust the Nav volume? Thanks!

T

toddjb123

Yes - its in the manual. In one of your settings menus you can adjust the NAV volume.

Only problem is, you'll then probably have it too low when you're not listening to the ipod.

I've noticed the same thing, its a pain in the butt...and you also can't really crank an iPod...highway driving, windows open, sometimes you need a little more volume!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make your comments known to Land Rover that you consider it a flaw/defect; if enough people complain about the lack of gain on the AUX input, there is always a slight chance a "real" solution can be found.

T

toddjb123

grommet - you've said this before, but how do we get our comments to the company? most dealers will just tell you "sorry, that's just the way it works," and won't write down your complaint and forward it on. that's the impression i get anyway....

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Land Rover Owners, please contact Land Rover by phone at 1-800-637-6837 or by completing and submitting the online inquiry form."

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Company/contact_us/Contact Us.htm

All calls are tracked and product feedback, if given, should be passed to the appropriate group at Land Rover.

If it's more of a "problem", it's probably best to work with your local service department/dealer and have them escalate unresolved issues. Remember, you are the customer.

D

Dhudanish

Got his response from LR:

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center.

The volume for the navigation system can be independently controlled. If
you refer to Audio manual pg 33 you will find the instructions for
controlling the volume on the navigation system.

--------------------------------------

Silly me for looking in the Nav manual... I will try it in a few days.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As post 2 said, the problem is when you've lowered the Navigation volume for AUX, it's now too quiet for CD, FM, etc. Ideally, there would be a AUX "gain" adjustment... to equalize the "volume" level to the other sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toddjb123

If you do want to play with the setting and not look in the manual, I tried it this weekend;

Hold in the TONE (music note) button for 5 seconds.
You'll get a different list of options and Voice Volume is one of them.

There was also someting for relative NAV volume (or something like that), but you were only able to increase it, not decrease it. Thus, I had to use the volume control. (and even that only goes as low as 8...which was still pretty loud with my iPod connected.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635