Aux Input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonsj24

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the hell the aux input is? I've read other posts about hooking things up to the aux input but noone says where it is. I removed the radio to see if it was behind the head unit only to find 3 plugs and no aux in. Can someone give an exact location where I could find it or maybe a picture that would be awesome, thanks

I am not sure if you have a newer model LR3 and if the location has changed, but I have a 2006 and it is behind the center console right next to the 12V power socket. It is only
visible from the second row seats after you flip the cover up. Hope this helps.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's an xm or Sirius direct connect module available for the LR3.

I'll dig up my info, but yes I had xm direct connect in my lr3 running through an alpine hub. Actually i still have it connected in my car but discontinued my service. I'll take pictures of my setup tomorrow.

McAnally

Reaction score
If you are going to use the AUX input, most radios will need some help. There are plenty of preamps (boosters) out there. Google "portable headphone amp" or "Sound Shocker Pro" and you'll find plenty of info.
Google
Sound Shocker

I ordered one of these on Friday and I received it today. It couldn't be easier to set up and it was surprisingly easy to hide. Best of all it worked exactly as described. I could tell a huge difference in the volume level and the quality of sound. If I felt more comfortable opening up the dash I'm sure this could be mounted much better way that what I did. I just used the velcro and mounted it on the side of the center console between the seats. All in all I would recommend it if your looking to improve the volume of the AUX input.

Sckallen

Reaction score
You removed the radio?... good God. Silly Rich.

Open this cover.

DSC_0302.jpg

Anyway you could post this photo again? The link appears to be broken.

Manu

Reaction score
Anyway you could post this photo again? The link appears to be broken.

I'm in the same boat! My boss got a 2012 and neither of us could find the AUX input for the life of us. I feel totally silly about it.

tracyc

Reaction score
It's in the back of the center console under a lid that flips up. Doesn't work very well though - needs a small amp to boost the volume....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV