AWESOME dealer/service experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we all (myself included) seem to have a tendency to be more vocal when we have a bad experience, I thought it would only be fair to share a great experience that I had with my Land Rover dealer.

I have zero connection with Bluegrass Motorsport Land Rover of Louisville other than I bought our 2012 LR4 from them. Prior to that, they were absolute strangers.

Although they are 157 miles from my residence and the LR dealer in Nashville is only about 100, I went with Bluegrass because they extended the offer that they would pick up my vehicle and bring it back any time that it needed service for a fee of $100.

I purchased my 2012 LR3 Lux in December of 2011. They weren't the necessarily the lowest cost, but they found the vehicle I wanted and got it for me. Their promptness in responding to an email inquiry as well as the attitude of the salesperson and sales manager left me with the impression that although I could have possibly found a similar vehicle for maybe $1,000 to $1,500 less from another dealer, I wouldn't be as happy with the service.

We came to an agreement on price over email and the phone and they agreed to meet me half way to hand over the vehicle. We met in a gas station parking lot, I signed the necessary papers and we were headed back home in less than 30 minutes.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago- I noticed that I had a light pulsing in the steering wheel when applying the brakes. I also had another minor issue that needed to be addressed, but it wasn't something that warranted a trip by itself.

I called to make the appointment, they gave me a date for the following week and told me that they would bring me a car to to drive until they returned by vehicle. The following Thursday, they had an older gentleman meet me at my office. He dropped off a 2012 Jaguar XF and drove my LR4 back.

I believe it was the same afternoon, I received a called from the service adviser (Nick) to update me on the repair status. They had repaired a few miscellaneous items that I noted and had verified that the bulletin regarding the "brake shudder" applied to my vehicle. They had ordered new brake hardware and would keep me posted.

The following day (one day from time of pick up), I get a call to tell me that the parts had come in and that they would be able to bring the truck back on Monday.

Monday morning rolls around and I meet the nice man at my place of work again. I gave him back their Jag (with a full tank) and he gave me back my LR4.

Everything was repaired and I am completely satisfied. To top if off, they only charged me $50 for the pick up and delivery service rather than the $100. Basically, they paid someone for 10 hours of driving, saved me two days of doing something I had no desire to do and all it cost me was a tank of gas, a $20 tip and $50 dealer pickup fee. AND...... they took care of the problems.

I doubt if I'll ever be in the market for a Spyker, Jaguar or Saab, but I can see how I could take a liking to Audi or Porsche in addition to Land Rover. If my experience stays at the current level and I'm interested in one of the lines they carry, I'll definitely be going back to them when the time comes.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had intended for this to stir up some dialog amongst us that would help to point out which dealers are those that go out of their way to take care of you- their customer.

At this point, any input from the group would be appreciated. :eek:)

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had intended for this to stir up some dialog amongst us that would help to point out which dealers are those that go out of their way to take care of you- their customer.

You just got lucky with the region with this dealership. Try calling Landrover Of Manhattan and ask for that. :)

Seriously, happy you experienced that and it proves not all are bad. There are always some good guys out there. Thanks for posting.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score

Land Rover Encino, CA has always gone out of their way for me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been very happy with Land Rover of San Jose, though it sounds like your dealership is awesome!

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluegrass is one the best dealerships (but not the cheapest), as the industry talk goes. So, you got lucky. Most of Land Rover dealerships are bastards in service department and that would surely be the downfall of the brand in the US

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112