LR4 - Is there an equivalent in ride/driving experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, My L322 has much better hwy cruising comfort. I'll drive it on a trip (long) anyday over the LR4. That's not to say the LR4 is not an amazing/incredible driving truck, and one of the best looking SUV's out there, and with it's classic looks, it will remain. I just think the L322 has a better HWY ride. I have 247K, (and climbing) miles on my L322, bought it with 50k. We have 102K on our LR4, bought with 36K.

If we don't need the space, we take the 930 on trips over everything! Bought with 34K, have just over 150K on it.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mm3846 saw a Rivian R1S on I-5 headed South from Bellingham to Seattle. Thought of your post. Nice looking ride. Big. Would never guess it's electric. I did a bit of research on them and they have quite the range - over 300 miles.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool that you got to test drive an R1S @modesto_man. I was looking at Defender 110s and 130s online and, just beneath the surface, they remind me a lot of my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux. I'll stick with what I've got. Still looks pretty good to me.

Attachments

• Shiny LR4.jpg
    Shiny LR4.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 40
  • LR4 Back Corner.jpg
    LR4 Back Corner.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @modesto_man the one deal breaker is if I start running into expensive repairs for common parts. I bought my LR4 this March for cheap. I've already had an alternator go out. That set me back about $1,300. Not great, but not terrible either. The A/C needs to be looked at and fixed. The suspension is throwing the occasional fault message. Compressor will probably need to be replaced. Those are annoying repairs that cost more than they should but don't break the bank.

Then I read posts that talk about expensive major repairs, stuff that runs $5,000-$10,000, or more. At that point, I would need to seriously consider if it's not better to treat it as a cheap throw away rig.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes a lot more sense to own a Land Rover if you are willing to do the work yourself on it. The alternator should be a few hundred bucks and its like a 20 minute or less job on a garage floor to change it out.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$350 for a proper new Denso and more time if that stupid little plastic tab is corroded on but yeah turning your own wrenches helps. The alternator for my LR4 was less than my Ridgeline! (both new Densos)

\

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2024 Lexus GX. Discuss...
For me it's verrrrry interesting. But no fold-flat, and no clamshell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut