Back Seat Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZR1Gerhardt

Reaction score
When driving alone, i.e. no one sitting in the middle row, it sounds like metal on metal when going over a bump or uneven surface.

Anyone run across this issue? Thoughts?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have car seats? I found that the buckle over the seat to the attachment point behind the seat was jingly... put some damper material there.

I also had to add little strips of adhesive felt on the left/right cargo area cubbies because they were a bit loose. Guess I have used them way more than you should.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's LR4 does this...something metal on metal under the middle seat. If we collapse the seat forward and flat, then open it back up and slam it, the sound stops...for a while.

Olla

Reaction score
The screw and bolts holding the seats to the chassis may have loosened - hence the seat creates a rattle. You may notice there's no rattle when there are passengers on the seats. Drove me crazy in my LR4 for over 6 months. You need to tightened them up and you should be good.

Kenneth Kahan

Reaction score
I found the odd problem. On one of the bolts holding the seat down, when tight made the noise. If I loosened the bolt then the noise went away. So I isolated which bolt by loosening or removing one at a time until I knew the culprit. Permanent solution was to add a thick washer under the head of the bolt, not under the seat flange. Mine has been fine for the last 2 years after that fix. It has to do with the shape of the recess, the bolt head and other yet to be explained 4th dimension phenomenon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM