Backup Camera stopped working with no explanation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5 connectors on the right are the inputs from the cameras.

1683402173139.png

Reaction score
Thanks, this isn't at all what is under the drivers seat in my LR4 . I have only the square connectors like the one I posted earlier
s-l1600.jpg

Mine is not as salty as this one I found online for reference only.

loowee

Reaction score
Hey markus. Did you manage to find a solution for that problem ?
Lr4 2014 HSE here with the same box as you have ( square connectors ). Rear camera and passenger side mirror have gone blue weeks ago and never came back. I see some noise on the blue screens but thats it. Other cams work fine.

Where can we get a wiring diagram for the rear cam cable run ? Cant be that long to trace and find the loose connector or cable fault.

loowee

Reaction score
anyone ? I just want to know what solution owners with the square connectors have since they dont seem to be compatible with equalizers. I am about to order a new camera box but only passenger and rear cams are down so its clearly powered up and working for some of them.

Thx guys

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try modifying the equalizers by cutting off the round connectors and soldering on square connectors. Thats what I'd do but there are no garantees and once you cut the wires then the equalizers can't be returned for a refund.

loowee

Reaction score
I have posted a new thread for this exact problem Marcus was having. RH mirror cam and backup camera both stopped working the exact same day. I tested RH mirror cam on LH mirror connector at camera module and IT WORKS !

That means RH mirror cam cable run and camera are fine. Problem is isolated to the box. Trying to see if there is any fix before ordering a new one.

See thread with pictures of camera box :

Thx !

loowee

Reaction score
that seems to be clear. I guess its more of a camera issue. One of my mirror cams isnt working either, strange that both would go out at the same time.
Marcuss. Just realised you are from Qc too. Je suis de Rouyn-Noranda en abitibi !

Im having a very hard time with the fact that we are having the exact same problem with the exact same module and 2 cameras that died at exactly the same time is a coincidence.

What could link both backup camera and RH mirror cam other than the camera module ? Anyone knows ?

This would almost certainly point us to the culprit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV