Bad fuel economy -- transport mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RovinOnUp

Are there any other noticable side-effects from being in 'Transport Mode' other than my getting 8-9 MPG in the city -- while driving it like a granny?

Still under 500 miles and I'm only on my second tank, I think I have the 'dealer did not do the prep right' mileage bug... I'll have it checked, but wondered if there where any other obvious signs.

Cheers

F

Freeflytim

Break it in some more... give it at least another 1000 miles!

Sounds like you've read too many posts here from a couple of people who had that problem!

Give it a few more miles before you start to worry!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KTMLC8

Also be sure you reset the avg mpg screen when you fill the tank. If it is getting better it will show up quicker that way instead of having to go thru the averaging from say 9 mpg.

C

Colt45

I've gotten freeway mileage of over 18 mpg at 75-80 mph (Montana). So, this vehicle is very capable of doing quite well in fuel economy for one this big and heavy. On the other hand, I've gotten as little as 9-10 mpg during stop and go city driving when I've tended to get on the accelerator abit. - - - I'd try it out on the freeway to see how it performed there, if it were me. - - - Good luck

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a TON of experience tracking this with the LR3. My experience is this: you may get better on the highway and worse stop and go but in the end, when that fuel light comes on you got 300 miles out of the tank of fuel. Is that everyone else's findings?

My old truck could never do better then 265 miles on a tank. RovinOnUp, your initial experience sounds like mine... Don't wait too long for the 'breakin' miracle... it never came for me...

O

obaltuch

On a recent trip to LA, my Tonga Green LR3 HSE average 19MPG at a steady state
75MPH with 10000 Miles on the clock. This gave me 382 Miles before the light came
on. After telling my wife about this, she remarked that I was still a gas guzzler...
Then again, it drives better than my 740il did and I got out of the Landy after 6
hours on the road feeling great.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obaltuch said:
On a recent trip to LA, my Tonga Green LR3 HSE average 19MPG at a steady state
75MPH with 10000 Miles on the clock. This gave me 382 Miles before the light came
on. After telling my wife about this, she remarked that I was still a gas guzzler...
Then again, it drives better than my 740il did and I got out of the Landy after 6
hours on the road feeling great.

I PRAY my replacement gets that! PRAY!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM