Battery life on Discovery 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2011 is on it's 3rd battery, replaced under warranty. They just don't last. My 2013 F150 battery was replaced under warranty at 1 year. My daughters new honda civic ate it's battery in less than 2 yrs.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Interstate Mega-Tron battery looks good too. The only difference I see between it and the Sears Die Hard is that the Interstate has 10 less CCA and has a 30 month full price replacement where as the Die Hard has a 36 month free replacement and 800 CCA. They are more or less the same price.

Waterndirt, your story of the battery failure sounds exactly like mine.

I have an Interstate in my Porsche and it has been easy to get free replacements when they have failed before the warranties were up.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck (2013) had no signs of battery issues whatsoever. However, when the truck went in for its 24 month service they told me it had failed some test and simply swapped it out free of charge under warranty.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is 6 months pregnant and I don't think I'm going on any extended camping trips in the next year or so.

New dad, huh? So committed, so dedicated... Let me clue you in on something: in a little over 3 months - 4 to 6 if you are a saint - the idea of camping on your own in the middle of nowhere watching a palm tree grow for a few days is going to sound very, very appealing. Even an extended camping trip in a garage a block or two away from wherever that "bundle of joy" keeping you awake at night is located will sound like the friggin' irresistible Call Of the Wild, trust me. Been there, done that. A couple of times. :biggrin:

Seriously, congratulations to you both. And get that auxiliary battery ready.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes!

I know, I know... It's going to be a disaster, luckily I don't require too much sleep;) I'm blessed though, my mother just retired and lives close by and my out-laws are going to start looking for a place down here in Miami to spend in the winter. 1st grandchild on both sides.

I'm hoping that Florida Land Rover Club's next Rally is in the beginning of October so that should be my last 3 night camping/wheeling trip before the baby arrives in Nov. I think that's cutting it pretty close as central FL is about a 5 hour drive from my house should anything "come up," or out...

Driving to Atlanta for a baby shower up in Aug, so I hope to go wheeling at least one day in an around the city with a friend from college who has a few Rovers. I'd like to head to N.Ga or the Carolinas but will have to see how much time I have.

Just installed the cargo barrier from Travall last month, not sure what the next addition will be, but most likely not a 2nd battery. Maybe front light guards to go with my factory brush guard and or the wind deflectors for the windows. Don't see too many of those wind things on Rovers, I wonder how they hold up?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're 6 weeks into our first child. I took two naps today. It's exhausting, not gonna lie. First car ride was in our LR4 on the way home.

I now have a AntiGravity X-10 in my truck in case something goes awry from here on out.

elrocko

Reaction score
When my wife and I were taking our firstborn home from the hospital this January, I pulled around to the front of the hospital, turned it off, ran inside, gathered the new baby, installed the car seat, and…..dead battery. We had to get a jump start from an old Dodge Ram.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, mine died the morning I went to the hospital... car seat, check. Wife, check. Overnight bag, check. Working vehicle, uh no!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the brand of the bigger battery beside the Sears and interstate mentioned in this thread? I know there is a way to fit a slightly bigger one, but maybe I'll just stick to the 94 since I have a second battery and an ArkPak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi