Battery life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart has a re-branded version of that Autocraft battery, both are made by Johnson Controls. They appear identical, including the "Made in Germany" sticker. The NeverStart version is priced at $150 plus core, which is the lowest price I know of for any Group 49/H8 AGM. And, as a bonus it claims to have a 5-year free replacement warranty. The AutoCraft is $197 but you may be able to get a 20-25% off coupon. But it still only has a 3-year warranty.

Only catch is, not all Walmart stores carry this particular battery. For a while, none of the stores in my area had them, but finally one store got a couple in stock. I picked one up a couple months ago for a different vehicle, I'll see how it works out in the long run.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Platinum-AGM-Battery-Group-h8/40647529

Photos below:

EverStart_AGM_H8_1.jpg

EverStart_AGM_H8_2.jpg

5 year "Free Replacement" and not prorated at around 59 months?
Had a 84 month battery from a friend's car he traded in, I gave him an old El Cheapo battery. By the 49th month the prorated amount I would of paid for replacement like 75% of a new battery cost.
Maintenance free like Delco's Freedom 60 batteries will die by 4-5 years due to the water levels below the cells due to evaporation over time. drilled out tops of cells a 3/16" bit, added distilled water then silicon sealant closed the holes. Still holding charge and cranking a 11 year old Delco Freedom 60 battery. Adding water once a year......~~=o&o>.....

anglotron

Reaction score
I've gone through three Interstate Megatron H8 batteries in the four years I've owned my LR3 and they've all failed when it gets cold, which in San Diego isn't really saying much.

I also have a Traxide dual battery setup with an Optima yellowtop and a National Luna battery monitor. The voltages were always lower than 'normal' and never seemed to equalize properly.

Long story short, I bought an Odyssey 49-950 AGM battery a couple of months ago and so far it's been excellent. A much snappier engine start and it plays much better with my Traxide setup.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone through three Interstate Megatron H8 batteries in the four years I've owned my LR3 and they've all failed when it gets cold, which in San Diego isn't really saying much.

I also have a Traxide dual battery setup with an Optima yellowtop and a National Luna battery monitor. The voltages were always lower than 'normal' and never seemed to equalize properly.

Long story short, I bought an Odyssey 49-950 AGM battery a couple of months ago and so far it's been excellent. A much snappier engine start and it plays much better with my Traxide setup.

That sounds like something wasn't quite right. Stand alone my interstates have been good (4-5 years anyway lol) before they die and I subject them to -30 starts regularly.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had an interstate go dead about a year and a half ago, but my replacement Interstate has been fine, and this winter was pretty brutal as far as midwest winters go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72