Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonFromCanada

Reaction score
Good news! My LR Dealership told me I could bring in the receipt for the battery and they will reimburse me after they process it through the warranty cycle. He hinted that it might not have been as easy if I had bought it on a day that their service department was open. Looks like I'll have a few dollars coming my way.

Thanks again for all the help.

What battery did you buy? Mine is going now (second one.. First was replaced by dealer, but it's now out of warranty) it's an odd looking battery to me...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94R (AKA H7) is the factory size battery. If you are replacing - and it's on your dime rather than a warranty claim - might as well pick a group size 49 (AKA H8), it's a bit longer and a few pounds heavier, but still fits over the battery tray, and usually offers better specs than the slightly shorter H7 often for pretty much the same cost. Northstar is known to make quality batteries (as is Odyssey / Enersys), but they can be spendy and not sure that size is available. Don't think Odyssey makes a size H7 or H8, for example.

I am reasonably happy with my Exide EDGE L5/49 AGM battery I've had since the factory cell crapped out about 18 months after I purchased the car., have had it for 2 years and 65k miles so far, no problems. However, I did install a second auxiliary battery in my LR4 with an isolator to run my fridge and other stuffl, so my experience is probably a bit different.

DonFromCanada

Reaction score
Batteries Plus just came out with the X2power 94r which is made by North star, best AGM battery on the market I've heard.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli94ragmdp

http://www.discountmarinebatteries.com/thin-plate-pure-lead-agm-battery-review/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just bought a Duracell 790CCA. It has a 4 year free replacement warranty, then a ten year prorated warranty. Strangely, the 800 CCA Duracell (more expensive) only had a 5 year replacement warranty. I'll take the 4+10pro

None of my batteries seem to last more than 3 years.

shanerrs

Reaction score
Hi All... with the colder weather its seems a little slower to start. so considering putting in a new battery. Does any body know if the battery is covered under CPO ? 2011 LR4 wtih 120 KM (kilometers... so. covered untill 160KM)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a CPO warranty on mine as well. I figured if I feel the time comes for anything like this, I'll call the dealership first to see if it's covered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM