Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retroman1

Reaction score
I just picked up a used 2010 lr4. The battery seems weak as it takes an extra second to start and the air bag fault light comes on every once and awhile. Is replacing the battery on this vehicle the same as any other or do I need to do something special? Any help would be appreciated

retroman1

Reaction score
Also, does the dealer need to reset anything when a new battery goes in? I'm fairly handy but this is my first rover and I don't want to mess up anything. Thanks

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to go by a local parts store and have them do a free charging system tes, voltage should be between 13.6 and 14.4.
If you need a battery get the strongest one you can, at least 800 CCA plus.

retroman1

Reaction score
Thanks. Not necessary to get a new battery at the dealer and have them install, right?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessary, as far as I know. You might double check your owners manual to make sure nothing needs to be reset and any top quality battery will work fine.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retroman, how many miles you got on your Rover? The battery is a warranty item.

retroman1

Reaction score
Well crap, should have checked that. Still under warranty. I'm heading out of town and we needed to get the battery today as I didn't want to get stuck. Dealer's service dept wssnt open today Suppose the dealer will "reimburse" me? Certainly going to try, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a warranty issue! Mine went out 2 months ago and i was driving to Pep Boys to replace it and i said to myself let me call my service guy at LR and they said to bring it in. Total cost ZERO. I don' think they will sign off reimbursing you HOWEVER if you did not throw away the old battery...reinstall it...take the new battery back to Pep Boys for a refund?

retroman1

Reaction score
Good news! My LR Dealership told me I could bring in the receipt for the battery and they will reimburse me after they process it through the warranty cycle. He hinted that it might not have been as easy if I had bought it on a day that their service department was open. Looks like I'll have a few dollars coming my way.

Thanks again for all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM