Best on-road accessory for fast drivers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a sales rep that drives 30K+ miles/year, I will admit that I have a problem with driving the speed limit. My Valentine One works well against radar but I got a few expensive laser gun tickets and installed a laser jammer in my previous Audis. After driving the LR4 for about a week I noticed that the LR4 feels the same if you are cruising at 60 or 80. So, I had a Blinder HP-905 4-head unit installed in the front of our LR4. Two heads on either side of the front plate and one head near each headlight.

Yesterday, on a trip to deliver a job to a client in NYC, it saved me 3 times in CT. One time, I was going around 75 in a 55 with the flow of rather heavy traffic. Jammer alarm goes off, I see the unmarked car on the rest stop ramp. Sure enough, he races out to pull over the GMC Acadia that was behind me.

Here is where to buy it if anyone is interested:
http://blinderxtreme.com/

Although I went with the quad head unit, I think you could buy a 2-head unit and it will work just fine if you mount it on either side of the front plate.

If you are in the Boston area and need a great Blinder installer, just send me a PM and I will send you his contact info.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be breaking a rule, but on a related note, I've got a ****** Passport 9500i (has gps so you can memorize and ignore banks and crap along your daily route) with the big suction cup mount that is for sale. It worked amazingly well in my G35, but I haven't installed it in my LR4 and I dont drive fast much anymore so I dont need it.

If someone was interested here I might let it go.. PM me.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a reminder, active laser jammers are illegal in some states, including here in California. Jamming a laser or radar signal here is considered a felony, you can actually do jail time if you're caught with one. Radar / laser detectors (big difference) are legal here - for now.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. I think here on the east coast, laser jammers are illegal in DC & VA. I have never heard of a radar jammer.

But I have read that laser jammers are legal in most states because they emit a light beam, and light beam frequencies are not regulated like radar frequencies.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
legal in Texas. but too expensive for me.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I have trouble with the speed limit only because the engine is so smooth and quiet and the car has an automatic, so on long stretches I can lose track of how fast I am going. But the car is so heavy and tall, it is very evident when I am even close to the speed limit on windy roads or tight curves.

The LR4 is my luxury chill car. I have other proper fun cars to get my g thrills.

ricker

Reaction score
In Texas, Laser Jammers are illegal.

Source: Texas Statutes: Sec. 547.616.

Effective Sept. 01, 2011

Sec. 547.616. RADAR INTERFERENCE DEVICES; OFFENSE.

(a) In this section, "radar interference device" means a device, a mechanism, an instrument, or equipment that is designed, manufactured, used, or intended to be used to interfere with, scramble, disrupt, or otherwise cause to malfunction a radar or laser device used to measure the speed of a motor vehicle by a law enforcement agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, including a "radar jamming device," "jammer," "scrambler," or "diffuser." The term does not include a ham radio, band radio, or similar electronic device.

(b) A person, other than a law enforcement officer in the discharge of the officer's official duties, may not use, attempt to use, install, operate, or attempt to operate a radar interference device in a motor vehicle operated by the person.

(c) A person may not purchase, sell, or offer for sale a radar interference device to be used in a manner described by Subsection (b).

(d) A person who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this subsection is a Class C misdemeanor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72