Bluetooth Audio Streaming For LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donarba

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2011 LR4 and since it does not have bluetooth audio for listening to music, I did some research and found a lot of folks were using the Bovee 1000 bluetooth adapter that plugs into the cars native iPod port. Everyone raves about it, but I have yet to get mine working. I've got my iPhone 6 connected to the Bovee device and the car recognizes it, but after a few moments, I get a device error. Any one else experience this or know of a way to fix it?

vietec

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. I was pondering using the USB port and one of those USB bluetooth devices you can buy on amazon, but I don't know whether that will work or not. I'm kinda miffed at the whole "your phone can make calls and calls only" deal, that combined with what seems to be no other options to upgrade to bluetooth streaming. I even tried enabling the streaming option via the IIDTool, but nothing seems to change there.

donarba

Reaction score
Yeah, it baffles me too. I've read in numerous threads here and elsewhere that the Bovee 1000 device I got does in fact work. My issue was that the car kept giving me a device error. There are other devices that could work, but they connect via the AUX port and the whole reason I want Bluetooth is so I don't have to use my phone to change or skip songs.

Elinders

Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread because I have the wma 1000 and it used to work great for my wife and her iPhone 6 (I could not get my 6 to work, also always got the device error), but then last fall we upgraded to the 7 Plus and neither of us can use it.
I have emailed the main company many times and also viseeo usa with no response about any updates to the device.
Assuming they continue to not respond and I have a small paperweight on my hands, has anyone found an updated solution? Most of the threads on here that mention something other than the wma 1000 are out of date.

Elinders

Reaction score
They responded and ours works with our 7 Plus's! Here is the response;

Please try to follow the steps to clear previous error and pair again from the beginning:
1. Clear (forget) connected tune2air from iPhone after the phone has connected with tune2air, then turn off the Bluetooth of the phone.
2. Restart the iPhone; pls don’t turn on the Bluetooth of the iPhone at this moment.
3. Unplug the tune2air and plug it, the blue light will start to blink.
4. Turn on the Bluetooth of the phone and pair it with tune2air from the beginning.

Remember! When you trying to connect to the viseeo with your phone you need to have at least one song in your ipod library.

And it's this last part that fixed it for me. I don't use iTunes, we just stream through Amazon music so we had deleted our iTunes and Apple music apps. I installed it, added one song we had in our history and it works perfectly, didn't have to do any resetting that they mentioned. I jump in, play Amazon music, I use the steering to change tracks and adjust the volume, just what we wanted. Hope it helps someone else.

pmelle

Reaction score
I also have the viseeousa 1000, did the same instruction what Elinders did and it works. He is right you also need to have at least one song in your music library for the device to work properly even if you using a different app.. Also make sure that both your car and phone are disconnected / forget the connection with each other and just pair the phone and the viseeo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM