Both Sun Roofs don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pardijef

At the end of last summer I noticed that every once in a while my front sunroof wouldn't open. I just figured that maybe the switch was going. This spring neither the front or rear sun roof will open at all. I checked the fuse and it is fine. What could have caused both sun roofs not to open?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once my front sunroof stopped working, and I bought a used motor on ebay and it worked fine after the install. I guess that it is possible that both of your motors have given out. Another more likely possibility is that the rails on the sunroof are slightly bent, preventing the sunroofs to open.

Last edited:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you hear the sunroof motors working, but the sunroofs don't open?

P

pardijef

no i don't hear either motor working at all. almost like the switch isn't working but I wouldn't expect all 3 switches to die at the same time.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has to be a fuse or a switch

D

discomike

Jeff,
Does it happen with the rear switch also, are your locks turned off???
If that's not the case and your fuse is OK than I am thinking there is a relay, but I can't think where it is located.
Have you tried running a test probe to the switch to make sure you have power?
Other than that I am at a loss, I can't imagine both quiting at the same time, STRANGE!

P

pardijef

I will try the probe and let you know
thanks for all the input

D

discomike

When you are probing around, make sure you check the sun roof lock switch also. Make sure it is not locked, and also make sure power is going thru it when it is in the unlocked positioned.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72