brake pad sensor light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerrie

Reaction score
I recently replaced the brakes, front and rear, along with the pad sensors. Now I'm getting the brake pad worn light. Is there an easy reset or do I need to buy new sensors again? I bought a kit from FPC. (2013 lr4).

Also, can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the northwest Montana area? Kalispell and Coeur d'Alene are both 2.5 hours, so those would be the closest big towns.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no reset for the light, it just comes on when it senses the pads are worn. My guess is the sensor either came loose and got prematurely worn, or is somehow getting continuity through faulty wiring or something similar.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely, the sensor is not plugged all the way in.

There's a wire inside the sensor, when it wears through the light turns on.

Kerrie

Reaction score
There's no reset for the light, it just comes on when it senses the pads are worn. My guess is the sensor either came loose and got prematurely worn, or is somehow getting continuity through faulty wiring or something similar.

Ok. Thank you. I'll just buy new sensors then. I watched a video where a guy stuck a paper clip in the wire from the car to kind of short it out. I'm afraid to do that! lol. I'd be worried that I'd damage the wire, in the car, permanently!

HarryO

Reaction score
Had my break warning light come on after getting my wheels balanced- turned out the little wire that runs down to the sensor was rubbing against the wheel and had worn through the wires.

Attachments

• C1F2287A-D7B5-4774-A8EF-3766771669F3.jpeg
    C1F2287A-D7B5-4774-A8EF-3766771669F3.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA