Buzz with HD Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my radio started to have a buzz sound with whatever programming I would select. It did not matter if it was a HD station or not, nor AM or FM.

I tried shutting off and restarting my LR4 but that did not help. I finally tried shutting off the HD choice in the menu and the buzzing stopped. When I tried engaging HD again the buzzing started up.

Any suggestions??

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has to be a coincidence, my radio reception was horrible today. I got so tired of hearing all the static from stations that are normally crystal clear, that I switched over to the USB drive to listen to music.

I have the HD option turned on, but none of the radio stations in my market are HD yet. I might try turning it off when I leave the office.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. It was happening on both HD and non HD stations here.

LR4Buckeye

Reaction score
I am having this problem as well. Brought my 2011 LR4 to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they said all my software was up to date. Then a little later in the day they said they updated some of the software (not sure what).

Either way the buzzing noise still comes back, they say it might be something with my iphone 5 while the bluetooth is on.

Anyone have this problem fixed or know whats going on with this? It's at the dealership now and I have no faith that they will be able to find/fix the probmem. I would love to be able to tell them the problem to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Dan

LR4Buckeye

Reaction score
They figured out the problem yesterday I just didn't have the time to post the problem. They say the HD/Satellite radio module needs to be replaced.

Hopefully it solves the problem, I will confirm once I get my truck back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9