Cant track down Lug/wheel studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good info to have (at that price) and it appears Lucky8's source is 'All Makes 4x4', so I checked that site. It's the same part no./stock no.,
and a lot more info. It's a fit- D4 10'-16'.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I did some pretty extensive research on tracking down a replacement wheel stud without any luck. I was in search of extended wheel studs and was in contact with major players in the game like arp, Dorman, etc...

This should help you...

cjm41

Reaction score
Yeah I referenced this thread quite a bit while doing my search.

I ended up buying the hub from Lucky8 (which wasn’t the entire assembly) and instead of pulling the hub apart and potentially compromising the bearing, I pulled a lug stud out and pressed it into the hub on the vehicle.

In the end, I’d recommend to anyone that they replace the entire hub assembly for like $250 (aftermarket) before going through the mess I went through.

For extended studs, I’d just buy all new hubs, press in the studs you want, then put the new hubs on the vehicle.

26B4358B-1851-46F7-8F64-957EA7ABC93A.jpeg
5B07C051-7237-47DC-9200-2F05B54A2292.jpeg

I did some pretty extensive research on tracking down a replacement wheel stud without any luck. I was in search of extended wheel studs and was in contact with major players in the game like arp, Dorman, etc...

This should help you...

sonicpix

Reaction score
good info. Thanks. I'm having this issue but for my rear. My lugs were rounded (six or more I think). One I could not removed, so after cutting the chrome off to get to the hardened steel, I snapped off the lug and now have to drill out the remainder. Pretty confident my stud will be shot.

I was doing this to look at replacing the rear hubs as the bearings are gone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72