Car wash discolored my hood grill and RR emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tillerwiller

Reaction score
It appears that some chemical in my local car wash has discolored the hood grill near teh windshield wipers and the Range Rover emblem on the hood. The plastic looks like it has permanent water spots on it. Has anyone else had this problem. Did I get a bad batch of RR plastic parts? Will RR change out under warranty? Please Help...

Attachments

• rr 001.jpg
    rr 001.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 74
  • rr 002.JPG
    rr 002.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 80
  • rr 003.JPG
    rr 003.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 71

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch, looks bad. If it is still under warranty, it doesn't hurt to ask, otherwise go back and visit the car wash and ask them.

fuel451

Reaction score
I have a 2002 HSE with similar discoloration on the letters and grill. It was that way when I bought it but it looks very similar. I saw on Atlantic British a product called Forever Black for bumper and trim.

Has anyone tried this or can anyone offer an opinion?

Thanks,

Lance

gzzzr

Reaction score
I have a 2006 RR that I just bought and after going through a car wash I also have had my plastic trim discolored. I took it to the dealership for some other issue's and told them about it. They didn't say for sure that they would fix it under warranty, but he didn't say that they wouldn't either. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from the dealer.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rover won't cover it under warranty, go back to the car wash with an estimate from Rover showing the total replacement cost and ask them to start a claim with their insurance company. Don't take no for an answer.

logistix

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me here in Charlotte, NC. The company was Auto Bell and I showed them the damage and if it's less than 100 bucks they pay you out of the cash register. If it's more than that, they'll send you a check.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635