catalytic converter theft

catalytic converter taken?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladric

Reaction score
I get alerts that folks around where I live are getting catalytic converters stolen. Anyone had that happen to them?
Wondering if they are staying away from LR4 and LR4 for any reason.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to bump this thread. I'm at a hotel for a few weeks and one of my coworkers vehicles had their converters stolen.

Currently away from my car for a few days but I can't remember if the factory skid plate covers the converters. Hopefully when I get back my car isn't straight piped lol.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 cats would be harder to get to then say a D2 or D1. I know with the Texas Rover group I have seen a few posts of them being stolen on the earlier discoveries but nothing yet on the LR4.
I actually just installed a new HD security cam/flood lights to watch over both my rovers for this reason. The Houston area seems like it has gone crazy with the thefts.

MNLR4

Reaction score
I had an attempted theft, but they only cut a 1/4" grove into downpipe. I think they either got spooked by the dogs or realized they wouldn't get it off the vehicle. Unfortunately the ordeal gave me a tuba sound when driving and replaced with new. I kept old one figuring to sell it at some point. Have papers to document my ownership and overall good condition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72