CD changer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a new aftermarket radio a Kenwood EZ-500 model it say it has CD changer controls will my factory CD Changer work on this radio with out hard wiring it, or do they make a wiring harness that connects to a Factory CD changer and then plugs into a radio. Any Info. would be much Appreciated.

audioclay

Reaction score
Unfortuantely, the stock changer will only work with the stock head unit. There is no wiring harness to make it talk. I recently put in a new Kenwood head unit myself and I love it. Ipod, bluetooth etc... and even the steering wheel control works. With a very good understanding of electronics and four hours tinkering and numerous pro install chat rooms, well my time would have been better spent purchasing a compatible changer and throwing it in...

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I appreciate the Info (looks like I will be trying to sell my CD changer on ebay.) How hard is it to pull the wiring for the CD changer or should I just sell the changer with no wiring harness?

supra88

Reaction score
IT is very hard to get the wiring, just sale it with out the cable all discovery from late 1998 to 2003 that have leather seats are prewire for a cd changer under the seat

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9