Charging System Fault...Red Triangle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you were closer to the DC area (or vice versa)...I might make you an offer on the long rails (esp if they're black finish)...good luck with the ProSpeed install.

They are silver. Shipping probably isn't too bad.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that they still haven't figured out the water pump. They continue to install these faulty ones on MY16?

Are there known issues with the water pump?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there known issues with the water pump?

By now you're probably about halfway through this thread:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23878&highlight=water+pump

Good news is that they seem to have come up with a better fix for it now. I would venture a guess that at least half of the LR4 owners on this board have had their water pumps replaced, especially those with models from the 1st 3 yrs or so of production. I bought a pre-owned 2011 w/30K miles and am a member of that club.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By now you're probably about halfway through this thread:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23878&highlight=water+pump

Good news is that they seem to have come up with a better fix for it now. I would venture a guess that at least half of the LR4 owners on this board have had their water pumps replaced, especially those with models from the 1st 3 yrs or so of production. I bought a pre-owned 2011 w/30K miles and am a member of that club.

Thanks...I'm in the middle of moving so time and internet access are tricky. That seems to have been a leak issue that took time to get bad. The pulley catastrophically failed on my 2016 with only 2042 miles on it resulting in loss of tension on the serpentine belt and thus all the other things it powers on the vehicle. Doesn't really seem to be related other than it is the water pump.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9