Check Engine Light in adverse temperatures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
during adverse outside temperatures- LR3 seems sluggish and check engine light comes on. Under 20 degrees (F) and over 80 (live in WI). Between 35 and 60 degrees runs like it is brand new. No change to engine temperature.

Reaction score
Clean your MAF
Clean your Throttle
Check your Spark Plugs
Check your Ignition Capacitor .
Check everything around

Reaction score
Thank you.

I put in a new OEM MAF a couple months back and cleaned throttle body. I haven't checked plugs because car runs great during certain outside temps.

Ran codes last night and getting P0172 and 0175. Wondering if it's a software issue and needs to be updated. Anyone know best way to do this (outside of exhorbinenet amount charged by dealer)?

Also looking into temp sensor.

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
Having same issue with my lr4. Engine light flashing, triangle on, and message is " Restricted Performance". Did a little digging and found out it could be multiple things. But I chose to clean the MAF sensors with CRC MAF cleaner. It worked ran great for a day and then it got warmer out. I live in WI and weather is crazy lately. So back to square one.

Scorpion

Reaction score
Hot weather has done strange things to my LR3

Update all software
Check MAF, use Bosch oem
Check plugs, NGK oem
Check themostat and housing
Check for vacuum leaks, smoke test

Mine turned out to be the denso MAF
And champion plugs

Latest posts

Forum statistics