Color Coding Plastic ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon what's wrong with a white LR3???!!!!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get it done by a shop with the right kind of paint, I suppose it will last longer. I was picturing a do it yourself job. The flares are more flexible than the painted bumpers - I wouldn't think it would last as long without chipping as the bumpers.
As far as asking for opinions....it's pretty much what you like, isn't it? What good is a strangers opinion? In general I think the darker your car is, the less silly it would look. But that's because it's less noticeable. The lighter colors definitely need the contrast of the black trim. Echoes, I almost got white - it's really sharp, IMO.
Matt, I think your color looks great stock.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Echoes, I like white... but not with all the plastic bits painted. Too much white!

J

jcegold

With the light texture on the parts you are referring to they would be real fun to prep I've talked to some Body people about having my mud flaps and mirrors done on my pick up they where willing but the price was way to high for the look. You can add agent to the paint for flex as they do with bumpers so that isn’t a problem

X

xcursion

I agree with roverman and grommet. LR3 are designed to look utilitarian and I think any body color looks the best with the contrasting black plastic. For the bling factor, I would go with RRS. But, of course, everyone has their opinions.

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Your green is pretty darn dark... I don't think it would look much different than the black ones you've seen.

Sorry, I haven't seen any shots of this done to your green... only black, silver and (ugh) white.

Thanks, It's alright that you haven't seen shots, if you do let me know...

M

Matt_Grim2

xcursion said:
I agree with roverman and grommet. LR3 are designed to look utilitarian and I think any body color looks the best with the contrasting black plastic. For the bling factor, I would go with RRS. But, of course, everyone has their opinions.

Yes, i agree that everyone has there opinion...

I for one have added a full 3.6k Woodgrain Kit, Nav-Tv, & now wanting to paint it as I would like less plastic...

For Bling Factor yes go w/ the RRS, but I am trying to get it to look more like the Range Rover as it has no black plastic...

As for opinions the reason i have asked is trying to track down some pictures of it done...

N

neytas2000

If anyone wants to see it, ask your local dealer to see their 'Reflections Package' spec'd LR3. Its a new Pre-production package that my local dealership had one 1 06 SE. They are sort of surveying the customers and seeing if its going to be liked. The only part I liked was th Ebony wood trim and the Aluminum cover for the gear shift surround... like where the P R N D are ..... I didnt have a camera with me otherwise I would post a pic. I will try to ...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the "Reflections Package" accessories exist in other markets... we don't get all of them currently. But we will get these:

Chrome Mirror Caps: VUB503880MMM
Body Side Moulding with Bright Finish (Chrome): DGJ500011MMM
Chrome Finish Door Waist Rails: BHR780310
Chrome Finish Air Intake: JAK000065MMM
Chrome Finish Tailgate Trim: DG000185MMM
Chrome Roof Rails: CAP500090

You can see these bits on the Land Rover web site (accessories configurator)...

The cover for the gear shift surround and the accent rings around the center cup holders is part of the Center Console Trim kit (VUB501166) -- not sure if it'll be orderable here.

Haven't heard about any OEM ebony wood trim... but you can get that from 3rd parties.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer