Color Coding Plastic ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

roverall said:
I thought Project Kahn was located in England?

Reply before this i stated the North American Address to there Shop Here...

M

Matt_Grim2

JohnKel said:
Matt

All I can say is go for it, and I wish the hell I had that kind of money to burn, but then I'd be trying to climb a Mountain with mine.... to each his own :biggrin:

It's not that i got the money to burn, it has taken me the last 4 months money put aside to go this option as i have wanted to since the begining when i bought it...

I love the off-roading ability off the vehicle but where i live and my lifestyle the most i will get it off road is Snow, Fields...

M

Matt_Grim2

roverman said:
Are you going to have them custom paint your dvd player too?
Sorry for the cynicism but this is starting to sound like a repeat. On the plus side, you certainly do have a knack for starting the longest threads ;)

Funny Bro...

I'll post pictures once it is all done...

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Hence my comment about it being pretty insane. :dontknow:

Grommet,

On a side Note, if you do check out the Kahn website they offer Tv moniters that do fit in the LR3's headrests, i just remember you saying that it couldn't be done...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can't be done with the Range Rover Sport's headrest monitors you originally claimed to have installed.

A few of the smallest monitor units will fit. One of our members (Carnut) even has a pair installed. See his post here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3432

Most installers wouldn't recommend doing it, and I'd agree. The angle is a little funky.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
Kahn Design North America
99-5 Grand Street
Moonachie New Jersey 07074-1630

That is there address to there shop here in the US, When i stated picking up and delivery it wasn't to the UK...

All i am having them do is the paint work as i do not trust taking my 56k car to a local shop who all have never done a LR3 let alone a Rover...
Thanks for explaining that. You didn't say you were just doing the paint.

But Matt... any paint shop can paint all the pieces sucessfully. My favorite body shop here would charge about $1200 USD (with lifetime warranty)... and this area is very expensive! Don't pay more than that.

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Thanks for explaining that. You didn't say you were just doing the paint.

But Matt... any paint shop can paint all the pieces sucessfully. My favorite body shop here would charge about $1200 USD (with lifetime warranty)... and this area is very expensive! Don't pay more than that.

The problem is where I live is in the middle of No where, Very Little town had to drive 1 hour and 45 mintues to the Dealer to buy car, so to find a shop that i trust that has done rovers is hard, I have to look in D.C. or Baltimore which is 2 1/2 hours away, so its hard to find a shop when you don't live there, I will probly pay a little more because of where i live, and haveing Kahn do it i trust them more cause they do alot of rovers...

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
It can't be done with the Range Rover Sport's headrest monitors you originally claimed to have installed.

A few of the smallest monitor units will fit. One of our members (Carnut) even has a pair installed. See his post here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3432

Most installers wouldn't recommend doing it, and I'd agree. The angle is a little funky.

Do agree w/ you now that the angle is weird and they don't really work...

M

mbc

If I were to do this (which i won't), I'd do the opposite

of what LR has done with the arch kit. I'd paint the bumpers and leave the arches black. Might/might not paint the black molding below the doors. What do people think?

M

Matt_Grim2

mbc said:
of what LR has done with the arch kit. I'd paint the bumpers and leave the arches black. Might/might not paint the black molding below the doors. What do people think?

I like the idea but if you did, I think the Black Plastic would look even more out of place, But you really couldn't tell till it was done, Thats the hard part w/ the colour coding is seeing what it looks like before you do it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635