Control Module question :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CATTIVA73

Reaction score
Hi,
just replaced the susp. air compressor with same (hitachi) model and new relay...looks like I need to have the ride Control Module reconfigured now to clear the susp. fault code...can a local mechanic do it or does it need to be done at Land Rover dealership?? thanks

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work probably dealer. I suggest you purchase an IIDTool.

CATTIVA73

Reaction score
Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work probably dealer. I suggest you purchase an IIDTool.

Hi, whats a hard reset? I disconnected the battery for a few mins....nothing. ..I used a friends IIDTool to clear al the codes but they came back as soon as I started the car :(

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the error is coming back after clearing it with the IID tool, then the problem isn't fixed. :(

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hard reset is disconnecting the battery and connecting the two cables via a stretch of wire or (I'd use) a jumper cable. Also, how did you use a friend's IIDTool? They are coded to an individual vehicle's VIN. GAP may sell them with multiple licenses, not sure...that's why I'm asking.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once used a lawnmower blade between the leads, lol!
There is a Gap Pro model for multiple VINs. 4-5X the price AND a yearly subscription req'd.

CATTIVA73

Reaction score
Thank you

AS ...it turns out the "new" compressor had a bad valve that caused the code C1A13-64 .
As far as the other codes YES the Control Module requires to be recalibrated/programmed to the new component ..even if its the same model compressor.
Now All the other codes are cleared.
Im just going to have the shop replace the valve with a better one sold from Land Rover Dealer to clear the C1A.. code and everything should be happy ;)

So for future reference: New compressor = New programming no matter what.
The recalibration was not that expensive ($50).

I wanted to thank you guys for all your help you guys rock!:hello:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just re-read the first part of your original post. I think the reason you needed to re-load the software is because you installed the new relay.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed a new 70 amps relay a long time a go while rebuilding a Hitachi compressor and did not have any codes or issues related to that . in fact I have rebuild it three times with no issues , so there is no need for a ECM reprogram or any update whatsoever unless your are changing up to a AMK compressor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72