Coolant Leak, not holding vacuum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t try to get that pipe to crush in. Those screw holes are into the aluminum block. If you strip them out, major PITA.

On my 3.0 V6, the pipe sits flush in the block. If it’s not pushing into place, the pipe probably has the wrong dimension in some respect (a little extra at the end maybe). Tightening the screws probably wouldn’t do any good anyway.

I’d second Bill’s recommendation for the OEM part here.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote OE as well. It's a cheap enough part to eat the cost and have peace of mind that it won't bite you in the a$$ and be more expensive a few thousand miles down the road.

Having just done mine recently, I agree that it should sit flush easily and without question whether it seated all the way.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote OE as well. It's a cheap enough part to eat the cost and have peace of mind that it won't bite you in the a$$ and be more expensive a few thousand miles down the road.

Having just done mine recently, I agree that it should sit flush easily and without question whether it seated all the way.

What Fuji said, cheap out on something that doesn’t potentially grenade your engine. Never on coolant system or oil system parts or engine internals.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this post. Member sold his truck and has a bunch of parts he's unloading:

Says he has this:
NEW OEM front crossover pipe kit (Brand New): LR090630, LR092992, LR011038 ($90 shipped)

It was for a '15 SCV6, but might be the same.

Justin Mann

Reaction score
Just as an update to this the cheap part (10$ cheaper and the genuine part pretty much the same). I think my major issue was the original had been there so long that either coolant or micro pieces of the plastic were attached to the inside wall of the block where the crossover went in. With my dremel on the lowest possible setting i dressed up the inner walls of the block with a small wire wheel . Ran my finger along and it felt alot smoother and the piece popped in flush!!! Just in case someone goes through the same headache trying to figure out what they are doing wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV