Coolant system part help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reachcam

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a coolant leak (2010 LR4 5.0 hse) and was able to track it to a specific part. I'm having trouble identifying this part (name and number) and I'm not sure how to remove it (looks to be plastic and weak) from where it attaches into the engine block.

Advice on repair and part number is appreciated!

20230312_161144.jpg
20230312_161037.jpg
20230312_161054.jpg

alldazed

Reaction score
That plastic part of the pipe pushes into the brass fitting you see on the water pump. To disconnect it you have to push ******* the brass fitting/collar with a screwdriver against the water pump and pull out on the plastic pipe to release it. If you can pull it out a little you can use something like an upholstery removal tool to pry between the lip on the pipe fitting and the collar. If the brass collar is leaking - there’s an o ring in it-it is available somewhere on Amazon but it may be time to replace the water pump anyway.

audioslave

Reaction score
i recently had the same leak. apparently the very end of the tip broke off and stayed in the old water pump.
i ordered the replacement of the amazon and used only the plastic part, connected to the hose that goes to the throttle body

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA