cooper LTZ owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've actually been waiting, hoping that MTR's would show up in 285/60/18's, but I don't want to wait any more. The Nitto Terra's are probably a decent substitute for the Zeons, right?

Yes, but don't give up. It's possible they are in stock at your local Discount Tire, the trick is just getting them to sell them to you :)

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but don't give up. It's possible they are in stock at your local Discount Tire, the trick is just getting them to sell them to you :)
Just ordered five at my local Discount Tire, he said he verified that they have them at the Dallas warehouse and are shipping them to be installed next week.

So, either these are leftovers, or it was just a short interruption - who knows. And of course, we won't know for sure until they actually get here and are installed.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered five at my local Discount Tire, he said he verified that they have them at the Dallas warehouse and are shipping them to be installed next week.

So, either these are leftovers, or it was just a short interruption - who knows. And of course, we won't know for sure until they actually get here and are installed.
Just a followup - ordered them earlier this week, they got to the Boulder DT yesterday, and now they're on my LR3. So far I love them, though all I've done is drive around Boulder.

Last edited:

clew

Reaction score
So, am I just totally out of luck with the HSE rims? I have about 33K on my goodyears and I'd like to replace them before going on a long trip in August. Has anyone ordered the MTR's from the UK, and if so, what was your experience? Is Cooper going to make a 19" version of their Zeon? I'm running out of time.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, am I just totally out of luck with the HSE rims? I have about 33K on my goodyears and I'd like to replace them before going on a long trip in August. Has anyone ordered the MTR's from the UK, and if so, what was your experience? Is Cooper going to make a 19" version of their Zeon? I'm running out of time.
Several comments:

1. Wow - 33k miles on the stock Goodyears is very good - count yourself lucky! Most people were seeing half that.

2. I wouldn't bet on Cooper making a 19" that fits the HSE wheel any time soon. There aren't a ton of offroad tires available in that size.

3. Having said that, nwoods has a great write up on available tire sizes on his website (with lots of other great info and some very nice pictures too):

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46

Although we have them in 18", I can wholeheartedly recommend the Grabber AT2s:

ge_grabber_at2_owl_ci2_l.jpg

It has been a great all around tire for us over the last 12k miles. Not as aggressive as the MTR or the Zeon, but pretty good (similar to the BFGoodrich AT IMHO).

Good luck.
Rich

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19's limited choices, and none seem as aggressive as the ones discussed here.
Don't overlook Toyo and Bridgestone, as each has newer highway tread pattern tire options in the OEM sizing, plus those that nwoods posted on his site. I got the Toyos since the Bridgestones were not yet in distribution at the time that I bought.

clew

Reaction score
The Bridgestones are on back order for the foreseeable future (255/55/19)

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are selling the 255/55/19 MTR's in the USA just ask your local tire store.

Cheers J.T.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they yet began production on the Bridgestone, probably. The $200 per tire range is not growing. The $300 plus is not growing, still Pirelli and Goodyear, two of my least favorite brands based on terrible OEM fitments in the past.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are selling the 255/55/19 MTR's in the USA just ask your local tire store. Cheers J.T.

Yes America's Tire / Discount Tire has these now, or can get them for you anyway. I talked to my tire guy last week. The Goodyear truck was unloading a bunch in 16" sizes when I was there. He confirmed that they are available in 255/55/19 now, but at around $360/tire. He said to wait another 6 mos or so and they should be down in the $285 range, since they just came out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635