Couple of questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
First off, I have about 28,000 mi on my 2012 LR4 base. First thing is, I'm about go to in for an oil change at the dealer. I noticed my Left low beam light is out, so I have to find another one. I'd prefer to NOT buy it from the dealer because well, dealerships tend to be a bit more pricey on things. Anyone know where to get it? I asked our autozone and the guy looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Next thing is, I'll be due for tires soon. What's a decent tire? I read the thread about new tires, but I'm in Texas, many of those were talking about snow and such. We rarely get snow here, our wet seasons aren't all that wet and we don't take the vehicle off road yet. So ... what would suggestions be? I currently have the Continentals on it (factory) but, I'd prefer something quiet lower on the budget than some nearly $400 a tire I've seen, but still a quality tire. Any and all suggestions would be great. I'm not mechanically inclined at all. Do you just let anyone put on tires? Do you go to the dealership? What about when it's out of warranty ... do where do you do oil changes and such at? I'm just asking because my closest dealer is 2hrs away so If there are other options once it's out of warranty I'm open for that. I remember seeing the thread making sure they know where to lift from but anything else to watch out for? I know things get tricky because of the air system.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

If you have the base model with halogen low beams, then you should be able to pick up any H11 bulb. You can get them online or at an automotive store. They are cheap and easy to install.

As far as the tires, that's a bit more tricky. A lot of us have opted for a more capable off-road tire, but it sounds like you just want a reasonably priced street tire. I have the Cooper Zeon LTZs, but I wanted something capable off road. They are about $210.00 per tire.

Aside from looking on tire websites for different 255/55/R19 tires, you should get some folks offering advice on this thread.

Sorry I couldn't be more help with the tires.

-David

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually buy tire from Discount tire, never from the dealer. I recommend going to their site, entering your LR4 info, and look at those options. Frankly there aren't many for the 19" wheel. Assuming that is what you have. Discount will also rotate for no charge.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had michelin lattitude tour HPs and they were fantastic for softness and very low noise. Like David mentioned, most of us went to Coopers for offroad capabilities. You can get tires from a discount tire store as they match internet prices + shipping. They also give some credit for trading in your tires but not too much.

I'm in Dallas and have gone to the dealer since my purchase but our Land Rover club in DFW area(TexasRovers.com) has a guy who owns 'North Texas British' and can work on late model LRs and is cheaper than the dealer if you're around here. Even though he's literally a few miles from my house, I've gone to the dealer since my service tech guy at LR of Dallas is awesome and takes great care of me.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had michelin lattitude tour HPs and they were fantastic for softness and very low noise.

+1 on the Michelin Tour HP. I have them now, great improvement over the Conti's. However, they weren't cheap, Michelins never are. :frown:

.all

Reaction score
So I went to AutoZone and asked them to look up the bulb.. I was told it was special order for $127 a bulb! Please tell me thats incorrect!

is something like this needed?

http://www.opip.com/product/H11-27-..._p32957.html?gclid=CIXH2YOUhbkCFcef4Aod4yoA9g

or maybe

http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Xenon-Super-White-Light/dp/B00CU0J5R2

Hi there,

If you have the base model with halogen low beams, then you should be able to pick up any H11 bulb. You can get them online or at an automotive store. They are cheap and easy to install.

As far as the tires, that's a bit more tricky. A lot of us have opted for a more capable off-road tire, but it sounds like you just want a reasonably priced street tire. I have the Cooper Zeon LTZs, but I wanted something capable off road. They are about $210.00 per tire.

Aside from looking on tire websites for different 255/55/R19 tires, you should get some folks offering advice on this thread.

Sorry I couldn't be more help with the tires.

-David

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not fashionable to read the Owner's Manual anymore, but the one supplied with our cars has a pretty extensive and detailed chapter on light bulbs replacement, including bulb specs and step-by-step replacement guides. Check it out. If it's a halogen bulb, it should be widely available at just about any auto parts store (if Autozone doesn't have any, try another store), and you can replace it yourself in 10 minutes flat.

.all

Reaction score
will do, thanks. honestly, I didn't think of that

:ahhhhh:
I know it's not fashionable to read the Owner's Manual anymore, but the one supplied with our cars has a pretty extensive and detailed chapter on light bulbs replacement, including bulb specs and step-by-step replacement guides. Check it out. If it's a halogen bulb, it should be widely available at just about any auto parts store (if Autozone doesn't have any, try another store), and you can replace it yourself in 10 minutes flat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9