CPO 2013 LR4 low miles vs higher miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 things I hate...I never thought a shift knob would matter to me but I really dislike the rotary shift knob AND that eco-stop.

Yeah, I thought I would too. But like most other new features on a vehicle you get used to them shortly and then it's not even thought when you drive.

I didn't expect this, but now I feel the older stick shifter is bulky, ugly, and antiquated. And the ECO feature turns off with a button (I also don't mind this feature, although mine rarely engages anymore).

Elinders

Reaction score
Awesome ad. No cigarette burns!? Certainly a dealer to avoid.

I agree with you...unless you are doing serious offroading, make the LUX a priority over the HD package. We ordered my wife's red LR4 so it is a LUX with HD. I had to settle for LUX no HD on my used LR4, and it does just fine offroad in deep sand on a nearby beach. But be aware that on the 2016, no HD package means no transfer case (low gear) as well. 2013 and older without HD still have low gear.

Small world...I bought my second allroad from Bruce M. as well.

Thankfully that dealer is not close at all, so I can stay clear ha. That's sort of what I've gathered with the HD, and we will be able to get by without it. I could probably do a quick search on here and read about it, but what was the thinking of leaving out the low gear on the newer models? LR want to force people to add on the HD package? Is it because of the new engine somehow? I'm not an expert on this, but I am curious.

Bruce is the man, I might even have him betray Audi and see if he can track down an LR4 for me, and have him add on one of his warranties for me. Good to have options.

To throw a vote in their for the V6, there isn't a thing I miss or regret with the scv6 on my '14. With the performance I get I see no reason in getting an older model just to get the v8.

For the right price I'd highly recommend a 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to have some votes in there for the v6! Similar to finding a non cpo 2013, you never know what kind of deal pops up on a 14, so I will definitely keep an open mind.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's sort of what I've gathered with the HD, and we will be able to get by without it. I could probably do a quick search on here and read about it, but what was the thinking of leaving out the low gear on the newer models? LR want to force people to add on the HD package? Is it because of the new engine somehow? I'm not an expert on this, but I am curious.

With the V6 you get an 8-speed transmission instead of a 6-speed. But I have to think that low gear adds more capability than simply having the 2 more gear ratios in the 8-speed.

My guess is that there are many buyers that never take their LR4 offroad so they won't miss low gear. And it reduces the cost of the vehicle and allows Land Rover to offer lower lease payments. For me, the main reason to buy a Land Rover is to go offroad or through crazy winter weather. And from my experience, low gear is really useful in sand, deep snow on steep hills and in spring Vermont mud.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635