Cruise Control not permitted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well went and hit a couple of trails today with my wife for her "Getting to know my LR3 Class" and yes we got stuck. Anyway on the way home I have my cruise control at about 70 and everything is working fine, but I had to slow down and when I went to resume my cruise I got an error message "Cruise Control not Permitted". Anyone familiar with this? I pulled over and shut it off and then message remained on the display. Well I started it back up and went on my way and it stayed on for about 30 for min and then it disappeared. Anybody got ideas?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope...but I think others have encountered this.

It's funny...I'm much more comfortable with my wife driving the LR3 on the trails than on the road!

Maybe it's because I've seen her do THIS:

YouTube - LR3 on Rock Face

To be honest I'm just neurotic about the little things like the system check and applying the parking brake appropriately.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Cruise control not permitted" was fixed for me by a software update. Warranty issue.

Well went and hit a couple of trails today with my wife for her "Getting to know my LR3 Class" and yes we got stuck. Anyway on the way home I have my cruise control at about 70 and everything is working fine, but I had to slow down and when I went to resume my cruise I got an error message "Cruise Control not Permitted". Anyone familiar with this? I pulled over and shut it off and then message remained on the display. Well I started it back up and went on my way and it stayed on for about 30 for min and then it disappeared. Anybody got ideas?

mturnerua

Reaction score
"Cruise control not permitted" was fixed for me by a software update. Warranty issue.

Do you know the name of the software update? I have been getting the same message on my 06 LR3 and the dealer said they didn't know of a fix.

LR3GuyJoe

Reaction score
I think I've read somewhere that if you have a tail light/brake light burnt out it won't let you use cruise control. Not a 100% on that but its worth a quick look.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the forum here. I know I had that a couple times in the past and it has since gone away.

Used to be really annoying as it was coming up for me on every highway trip...

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the name of the software update? I have been getting the same message on my 06 LR3 and the dealer said they didn't know of a fix.

I don't know the name of the update. Just ask the dealer, I guess. I was told that was how they fixed it.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its the break light bulb(s), but maybe your break switch. Its a common failure point, at least in the last 3 cars I have owned. Its connected to the break peddle. If its broke the break will work normal, but lights will stick on or off 100% of the time. In either case, the cruise wont work. Are you break lights working at all??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635