Cruise vacuum layout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cruise is not working and I know it is because of vacuum lines. I have replaced on but I can't figure out where the otherone goes to. It comes off the bottom of the unit, next to the one that goes to the ***. I can't find a layout of the connections (even on the rave cd)
Thanks
2000 DII

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what parts you speak of.... Pictures are worth a 1000's words.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the picture

I'm sorry it is so zoomed in but this is the vacuum activated *** that connects to the throttle for the cruise. The old hose that came off has a nice bend in it that I thought would lead to its connecting point. I have tried that hose in every position and still can't find where it attaches.
Thanks again
2000 DII

Attachments

• croped2.jpg
    croped2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 75

hi_arshard

Reaction score
cruise control vacume lines ?

Hi,

Me too having the same problem, & how did u take this picture? coz i tried my best but couldn’t get to see the vacume pump only could feel it by putting my hand under the left head light next to the jack.

In my disco 95 the cruise control doest work at all the light work when on the dash CC switch.

I have checked the break switch, hoses & I have changed the rubber vacume holding thing.

I would like to know the diagram of the vacume hoses how doest it works & how much vacume line connected to the vacume pump under the left head light compartment?

When the car is in neutral when switching on & off the CC dash switch I can hear a small click sound from my left hand right hand dash.

Appreciated ur advice & what else should I check.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi arshard, the D1 and D2 are completely different... on the D1 you have the pump with vacuum line going back to fire wall then a "T" on goes tot he brake swich, the other goes to the Rubber vacuum holding thing (as you put it).

Common issues on the D1 are the hoses, fuse, rubber holding thing (I like that term) and the ECU not responding properly)

The D2, I have to either check with a friend or something as I haven't had to pop the hood on a D2 in a while...

hi_arshard

Reaction score

Thank you for your quick responce Joey,

please let me know which fuse should i check & i have checked the vacume hoses they seems fine i guess the vacume lines are correct as there is only one out put from the vacume pump direct to the T > one to the break switch & other to the rubber vacume thing.

please let me know a way to check the rubber thing, how do i know whether this is working fine ? as i replace this part it was a used part i got, not a brand new.

thanks & Regards,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you replace the vacuum lines or just assume they are good?

Rubber Vacuum thing :biggrin: remove vacuum line, squeeze it, stick finger on the end of vacuum hole... let go (keep finger on hole) if it stays back it is good, if it releases it is bad or needs repaired, I repaired mine with adhesive silicone.

hi_arshard

Reaction score

Thank you for that info i will check on that,

anyways what is the exact name for this rubber thing ? :biggrin:

hi_arshard

Reaction score

Thank you for that info i will check on that,

anyways what is the exact name for this rubber thing ? :biggrin:

no i have not replaced the vacume lines i just checked there seems ok connected well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635