Damaged CPO LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonz

Reaction score
Hi,

In the market for a used LR4. Ive found a 2012 CPO'd LR4 with low miles, and one owner that is for sale. Its listed about $9k under book value.
Wondering why, i see that the Carfax reported some damage to the rear end.

Dealer said yes, it was hit from behind, but the only damage was to the bumper which was fixed, and nothing else was wrong, otherwise they wouldnt have CPOd the vehicle.

Is there a reason to be overly concerned or might this just be a good opportunity? This car is out of state so I probably wont see or drive it unless i decide to go with the intention of purchasing.

thanks

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you work in a specific business and know how to spot hidden value in that industry, I would always abide by the age old mantra: "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is".

That said, where are you getting your book value from? That alone can vary greatly depending on the source, location, and data you input. It would be extremely unusual for a dealership to be 9k under value on a vehicle.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about a 2013 with 18,000 miles heavily modified for $60,000? :)

HSE Lux, Arabica, heavy duty, see the signature below for information.

I am feeling the waters.

Last edited:

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dood, David....seriously?? All the work you've done and you're testing the waters on selling it??? P-fab will be disappointed [emoji12]

On the other hand, it is well equipped and has the HD package and who doesn't need two 2013 LR4's right? [emoji41]

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dood, David....seriously?? All the work you've done and you're testing the waters on selling it??? P-fab will be disappointed [emoji12]

On the other hand, it is well equipped and has the HD package and who doesn't need two 2013 LR4's right? [emoji41]
Hey Chris,

So sorry I missed you on Saturday, I just could not make it (family obligations). I am just talking stupid, I will keep my LR4 - would be dumb to get rid of it and get a Land Cruiser.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do you head to Oregon? Is there anyway I can get you the stuff before that time?

-David

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew....cause I would have to hunt you down and tattoo the green oval on you

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72