Dash vibration poll--who also has this?

do you have a dash vibration?

• yes, i have a dash vibration

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • no, my dash is always silent

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregorio

Reaction score
Do you mean a noise caused by vibration? If so, yes, mine just developed one last week.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a dash vibration? Creaking? Rattles? Or all out vibration? Over bumps? On smooth roads?

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is vibration near the center speaker when accelerating between 30-40mph.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is vibration near the center speaker when accelerating between 30-40mph.

Is it a sound or physical vibration, like structual integrety? If it's a creaking or platic snap sound the center speaker grill could be the issue... I took mine off and used some velour tape which silenced it completely (this is what someone at the dealership would do.) My LR4 is actually very tight, more than my wife's BMW. But I'm super **** when it comes to the slightest annoying sound that could come from a crackling piece of plastic or something.

Anyway... if your getting a structural vibration and the dash is actually vibrating up and down, it sounds like you and others have a serious problem and something should be filed with LRNA so it can be recorded, so the other high percentage of folks who say they have the problem can file as well, and maybe a bulliten/fix can be appropiated! Have you taken it to the dealership?

Last edited:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, it doeant sound/feel like structural as much as some piece of plastic is vibrating at a certain engine throttle pitch. I read some where on this board that described a similar case that theirs was a loose wiper motor or something like that. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll have it checked out along with the radio issue that I haven't had happen in 2 months. I had been turning the radio down every time I get out and maybe that's helped.

psc

Reaction score
I had a vibration (resonance), between 2500 - 3200 RPM when pulling moderatley which appeared to be coming from the centre of the dash. I later discovered that it was the panel above the pedals in the footwell that was vibrating. The vibration only appeared to eminate from the top of the dash.

Last edited:

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not recall hearing any noise or vibration from the dash or center stack area.

Jim

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a buzzing sound...when aaccelerating over 2500 rpms

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw someone else mention cold weather, so my follow up question for this is - Do you have the dash vibration and if so - does it only occur when the temp is cold or very cold? It seems to be related to cold weather for me, and if it is for others - that might help us figure out how to eliminate it....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72