Day Running Lights on Discovery 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waitsons

Reaction score
When I got my new D4 I asked the dealer to arrange that the LCD day running lights were activated.

He told me that it could not be done without having the headlights on at the same time. I accepted this at face value.

Last week a new D4 came up behind me and followed for about 20 mins. I noticed his day running lights were on without the headlights being on.

Can anybody tell me how I can do this ?

Thanks
Tony

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duplicate posting.

Last edited:

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are calling it D4 or Discovery 4, I am assuming you are in non-US/Canada market. Here, we call it LR4 and there is a separate discussion section for this model. This section is for original Discovery and series II only.

By the way LED lights are called signature light and it's not a day time running light. High beam lights up in reduced power when daytime running light is enabled (this feature is disabled in US market).

If you want to drive around with LED on but no low beam like those late model Audis, then turn the headlight switch 1 click (side marker light) instead of 2 (low beam) or 3 clicks (Auto).

trouguex

Reaction score
Depending on what lighting package you have on your LR4 will determine if the LED lights are active or not. If you have Xenon lights the LED's are active if you have regular projector halogen headlamps your LED's are not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72