Diagnostic Tool options/differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like it's by model with a $199 option to add another model later. No vin lock appeals to me and it looks like it's feature complete. The reviews online are all 5 stars.
My understanding is ILand is not vin locked but is model locked LR3/4 though is one category. I own a gap iid but ILand seems like a viable alternative and is a bit less expensive.

The guys over at AB are hit or miss and I never get a response if I have a technical question. I mean never...so I didn’t want to spend $400+ on the tool from them.

I’d love to hear from ILand owners though if someone has experience to share.

The model lock is just fine for me. Most of the people I wheel with are in an LR3 or LR4 so it's something that we can all share...better than it only being locked to just one particular vehicle IMO. Just one of the things that has me leaning towards it over the iid

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The model lock is just fine for me. Most of the people I wheel with are in an LR3 or LR4 so it's something that we can all share...better than it only being locked to just one particular vehicle IMO. Just one of the things that has me leaning towards it over the iid
Yeah - I agree. I'm trying to sway the wife to consider a LR3/4 as the eventual replacement for the XC90 but we're not there yet because that thing is a beast and takes a beating. I don't want a tool that's locked to my vehicle. I'd be curious if they're planning on adding the keyfob programming or not for these models. It doesn't feel like a deal breaker if not but it would be nice to have it all.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Completely agree. Key fob programming (assuming I ever needed it) is something I could sweet talk my indy into doing for me for free or low cost. Being able to share the iLand with other local wrenchers is a big advantage.

I had been thinking about a sweet new lens for my camera but now you've got this device living rent free in my brain. Thanks a lot.

SteveMFr

Reaction score
One item that seems to get lost all the time: the IIDTool BT is VIN-lock free for more basic functionality such as fault read/clear, live values, etc. This is nearly equivalent to all available iLand functionality, making the IIDTool BT very close to a iLand Pro version. The IIDTool BT is avail for just over $500 whereas the iLand Pro is $1450. For advanced functions (such as programming, flashing, etc) the IIDTool is VIN locked or requires an additional VIN license.

The IIDTool will not cover the D1,2 or P38 RR, though, whereas the iLand will.

HTH

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM