DII Won't Start M & S lights flashing windows not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkdirt63

Reaction score
Alright I'll get my battery checked. I live in Columbus not to far from you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
We can work something out, I wish I would have known before I drover to Cambridge last night. My Dad is getting his Gall Bladder removed tomorrow. But I should be back in the Cincy area early next week.

dkdirt63

Reaction score
I had the battery tested and it was bad, still under warranty so had it replaced. But it still did not fix my problem. How do I go about checking the grounds? Or is there a way to reset the computer. I had battery unhooked for 4 days until I put hte new one in today, would that be enough to reset computer?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, with the new battery in does it attempt to start? Does it do anything?

dkdirt63

Reaction score
Nope it does nothing, no attempt to to even start. The Alarm light in dash was flashing when new battery was put in and stays flashing. I don't know if that has anything to do wiht it. Locks windows radio power seats alarm will not arm. The headlights still come on and the climate control still turns on and off. The interior lights work if i turn them on but do not come on with door open.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Try locking/unlocking the door 4 times with the key... then attempt to restart.

dkdirt63

Reaction score
I can't I went to unlock it the other day with the key and it just spun. I can turn the key all around

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be in Columbus for work tomorrow... starting around 5pm... if your available prior to that I can stop by and look at it if your not too far out.

dkdirt63

Reaction score
hey thanks for offering to help. I didn't read the post in time. Is there any other things to check.
Here is what someone else suggested on another forum.
"Although the battery is the common cause, it would not normally affect the window operation, so it "could" be the CAN bus is playing up.....the serial connection between the Autobox ECU and the BCU (body control unit)...This is another common cause for the M&S lights.

It may even be the XYZ position switch on the autobox as well, but as with the battery it should not affect the windows at all.

If you know the battery is good, disconnect it for a while, then re-connect and see what happens. (make sure you know the Radio code)."

Not sure how to check these.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99